I’m writing this with half unpacked suitcases on the bedroom floor and a washing machine in overdrive. The holiday hangover is real but I’ve enjoyed the Summer and had the chance to slow down, recharge and reflect.
Now though… it is time to switch gears after the Summer break and there isn’t a better time than September to get plugged back in. Here’s why…
September is the New January
Forget all the hyperbole around a new year being the perfect time to reset and press go. Instead embrace the September ‘back to school’ renewed focus and energy.
Get plugged back in!
- Start new projects
- Set ambitious goals
- Rethink how you approach things
- Create new routines
How You Can Switch Gears After the Summer
1. Ease yourself in. That may seem like the opposite of a kick start, but you don’t need to go straight from zero to 100 miles per hour in one day! Avoid the risk of crashing out and find a pace that feels right for you, but make sure you do switch on the engine and start moving.
2. Set daily intentions. Being intentional will help you focus on getting things done. Think about how you want to feel and what you want to achieve. Be realistic but don’t be scared to think big. Aim to set yourself at least one intention a day and outline the specific actions that you will need to take.
3. Do things that you enjoy. Embrace the opportunity that this a new chapter offers to re-evaluate how you spend you time. You don’t have to return to things that you did before the Summer if they don’t serve you well and instead embrace new activities that will energise you.
4. Connect with your purpose. Consider what is really important to you (aka your values). What lights you up, brings meaning, makes you feel proud and fulfilled? When you do things that allow you to express your values you will feel energised and purposeful.
5. Set goals. Think of your goals as superchargers! They give you purpose, direction and boost your motivation. Make sure that they are specific and realistic so that you set yourself up for success!
- First, set yourself a mega short-term goal – something you want to achieve within the next week.
- Now think ahead to the end of the month – what do you want to have done by the start of October
- Finally, set yourself a goal to achieve by the end of the year.
Go on… GRAB YOUR SEPTEMBER!